Saturday, September 13, 2008

Launch Time

I first seriously considered launching an all-sports 'blog early last fall when Appalachian State stunned Michigan in the Big House. I wanted to write about how ASU was actually pretty good & therefore Michigan still had hope for a good season. In fact, I thought there was a good chance that UM would win out. Turns out they didn't quite do that, but they did finish 10-3 with a victory over Florida's Mighty Gators in the Citrus Bowl. Of course, I didn't start the 'blog then, and didn't write that story until now, but that's when I first considered it. Still, the roots go back even further.

For the past several years, I've been typing up & disseminating college football weekend preview e-mails for friends, highlighting the important matchups and the most overlooked big games. I've always had the hankering to write about college football, and now I have the tool to inflict my words on a larger audience than my e-mail list. Enjoy!

No comments: